Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Okay, I’m new in the blogging world so I had to figure out how this worked. Marta Smith tagged me from her blog to answer some fun questions and then I’m going to tag 5 more people myself.
On with the questions which are right up my alley, thanks Marta!

My reading: I absolutely love reading and am the biggest book hound around. Growing up my mom would drive us into town, about 12 miles, to get to the public library where we actually had to pay to check out books because we didn’t live within city limits. We would check out books and fill an old blue plastic milk crate full of books. I still remember one particular visit when I came home and read every single book out of the milk crate in one day. My mom was so surprised that she actually called the librarian to tell her I was already finished with the books. I entered the summer reading contest at the library and won every summer from 1-5th grade, which was special because they awarded me a hardback book each time I won. Funny the little things that you remember, huh? I especially remember that my mother instilled a great love of reading in all of her children. She read us books all the time and even when I was in high school she would read us a special Christmas story during the holidays. Mom, I love you for giving me the gift of reading. Thank you!

Total number of books owned: I don’t even know because I have several boxes up in our attic. My husband says too many, and whenever I try to sort through my books thinking I might be able to part with some, he just laughs at me when I come up with one book. There’s just something about those books, they have a power over me…

Last Book I bought: Oh-oh I’ll have to hide this blog entry from my husband, JK, but I actually bought 6 books at the same time from Deseret book because they were having some really good deals and I had my coupon and my membership deals and, and, and, I was totally justified I promise! One of them was Sheep’s Clothing by Josi Kilpack and it was excellent.

Last book I read: Fablehaven Book Two: Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull. So awesome, can’t wait until 2008!

5 Meaningful Books: This is way too hard but I’ll try to narrow it down. I love one of the books my mom read to us called “Cracked Wheat for Christmas” I bought it to read to my family this year.
I think that everyone should read, “The Good Earth” by Pearl S. Buck. It just spoke straight to this little farm girl’s heart. It is an epic novel that spans a whole generation of Wang Lung, a Chinese man’s family.
I discovered Mary Stewart and read “Nine Coaches Waiting” it is divine!
“The Giver” by Lois Lowry will really make you think as will all of her books.
“If God Loves Me, Why This? By Kim A. Nelson was so inspiring and really helps dispel many of the myths that we have about our Heavenly Father’s plan and his love for us. I was so inspired by it that when I had to give a talk I actually highlighted many of his ideas in my talk.
“The Poisonwood Bible” by Barbara Kingsolver was also an epic book, very long and just amazing. It was really different, but one that I keep thinking about. It was actually written as if it was narrated by each of the daughters in the story.
I know that’s 6 but I’ve always hated math!

I am tagging Nichole and Cindy at LDS Writers Blogck, Rebecca Talley, Janette Rallison, and James Dashner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails