Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ten Snoggable Literary Characters

I was tagged by Marsha over at the Ink Ladies to write up a list. This is no ordinary list. Note the description:
“Ten Literary Characters I Would Totally Make Out With If I Were Single and They Were Real But I’m Not, Single I Mean, I Am Real, But I’m Also Happily Married and Want to Stay That Way So Maybe We Should Forget This”

Now this was a little more difficult than it should have been because I have been devouring all kinds of children’s books lately and there’s just not any characters that fit the above description. I’ve also been reading plenty of non-fiction books and so I had to dig deep into the recesses of my mind to find these literary characters for you.
My husband overheard me talking about this list to my sister and he wanted to know why we were gushing over guys named Edward and Aragorn and what in the world we were talking about. We just laughed and said, “It’s just guys in books that we want to kiss.” He just raised his eyebrows and said, “Why in the world would you want to kiss someone in a book?” I guess there’s not many books written for the male perspective on this subject so he really doesn’t know why I would want to kiss Raoul de Valmy if I saw him walking down the street. Hope you enjoy the list!

1. Raoul de Valmy from Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart

2. Edward the Vampire from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

3. Agent Mark Iverson from Hearts in Hiding by Betsy Brannon Green

4. Laurie from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

5. Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

6. Alex from Children of the Promise by Dean Hughes

7. Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Tolkien (Okay I was especially swayed after seeing the movie character on this one.)

8. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

9. Noah Calhoun from The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks


10. Jacob the Werewolf from Stephenie Meyer. I have to thank my sister Sarah for helping me with this entry, according to her it should be #1 but I haven’t met Jacob yet. I read Twilight and haven’t let myself start the other books. I have been trying to finish writing my book first and then allow myself to read New Moon and Eclipse as a reward. I’ve been a good little writer so I now have New Moon on hold at my library and I just bought Eclipse the other day. I know it’s a little backward but the store didn’t have New Moon that day! I promise to let you all know how I much enjoyed it when I finish reading it. I better hurry too because I've noticed lots of plot spoilers out there lately by devoted fans.

I am tagging Ali, Tristi, and Josi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails