Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Green Bay Packers Fan

Last week I accompanied my husband to Denver, Colorado where he realized one of his lifelong dreams. We went to the Green Bay Packers vs. Denver Broncos NFL game. My husband was in seventh heaven the entire time and even though I’m not a huge fan of football, I have to admit it was an exciting game! I cheered and screamed along with all the other fans and there were a ton of Green Bay fans even though we were in Denver. I joined in when the Packer fans yelled, “Go Pack Go!” and was thrilled to see Brett Favre throw a huge touchdown pass to win the game in overtime.
Although, I’ve never seen so much beer in my life, it was great to be a part of that crowd and experience what my husband loves so much. I was worried about how the whole experience would be because I’ve never been one who loves to sit still and we were at the stadium from about 5pm-10pm. But once the game got going, I couldn’t resist the excitement in the air and since I’m married to a huge football fan I knew what a face mask penalty was and I could ‘Boo’ about the lost 15 yards right along with all the other Green Bay fans. I really can say I enjoyed myself and especially enjoyed seeing my husband have such a great time.
Some of you may wonder why I would even want to go to a NFL football game if I don’t love football. I didn’t want to miss out on being part of my husband’s dream.
I thought about my experience and how much I love writing and reading. My husband is not a huge fan of reading, but he reads my writing and gives me his opinions. If I tell him about an amazing book, he’ll often pick it up and read it, (okay only maybe every 20th book or so). He has supported me and helped me find time to write because he wants me to achieve my dream of publishing my first novel.
I wanted to write this little post to let my husband know how much I love him and that I really did enjoy Monday night football with him. I’m glad that we all have different talents and desires and that we’re able to support each other in those ventures. I think it’s important to recognize our different interests, especially in marriage, because it makes life fuller and more enjoyable.
Thanks Steve for being my greatest fan and converting me to a true Green Bay Packers fan! Go Packers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails