Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Ideal Day

Just the other day I turned 30 years old and that seems like a really big number to me! I was pretty excited for my birthday because my husband always treats me like a queen. Lots of my family called the day of and the next day to wish me happy birthday and ask me how my day went. They wanted to know what I did on my special day. The question made me realize how lucky I am and how blessed I am because almost every day is my ideal day.
I love being home and I love being a stay-at-home mom of my two sweet daughters. My sister likes to tease me and calls me a hermit, but I’m proud to say she’s not far from the mark. I’m happiest when I can be home.
Here’s what I like to do on my ideal day. I like to wake up before my girls and have prayer/scripture study time. Then I like to exercise, usually doing power yoga or running on my treadmill in the winter and outside in the warm weather. Sometimes my children join me during the workout when they wake up. The funniest thing is when they try to do yoga poses with me. I wish I was that flexible!
After that a shower is great, but if they’re up, breakfast for the urchins must come first.
Then the rest of my morning is usually spent playing/taking care of the kids and working on my Story Time Felts business by making phone calls and taking orders etc. I also usually have some work to do for Relief Society as I am the counselor over enrichment. I take turns taking Gracie to pre-school and also teach her pre-school every few weeks (we do a type of joy school).
Not too much excitement the rest of the day, maybe a few errands to run, lunch and then….Naptime! During naptime I love to take a few minutes to read a book and then work on my writing. I also love to take a 15 minute power nap which is my saving grace. I enjoy cooking and I like to make homemade bread, and home-cooked meals. I love being at home and listening to some beautiful music and just noticing all the wonders of my children as they grow.
Sometimes I do complain or get frustrated with kids, work, housework, etc. and sometimes my day just doesn't go as planned, you can look at my post about house cleaning for a perfect example, but that’s what’s birthdays are for—my husband took me out to dinner and a movie and it was nice to talk without being interrupted.
But as I answered the question of what I did on my special day it really hit home that this is where I want to be, enjoying the simple aspects of life with my family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails