Thursday, March 13, 2008

A great book to ignite your imagination!



This post is in honor of a great new book that just came out! The Journal of Curious Letters-- Book One of The 13th Reality Series written by James Dashner is what I'm talking about. I enjoyed this book so much that I bought one to donate to my library and I even posted a review on Amazon about it. Here's my review:
Albert Einstein said that “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” He said this because without imagination our society wouldn’t be where it is today. Books are such an integral key to fostering children’s imagination. If you would like to own a book that is chock-full of imagination, then The 13th Reality is perfect for you. Author James Dashner has created a mind-boggling other-world full of amazing realities and an awesome main character in Atticus Higginbottom. I enjoyed this book because there was plenty of humor, twists and turns, and fun riddles which made my brain itch. It kept me intrigued as to what or who Atticus could possibly meet up with next—especially after some of his random friends with names like Mothball and Norbert.
There are all kinds of cool inventions and ideas introduced in this book. I highly recommend it for kids and suggest it for adults, like me, who enjoy reading children’s books too. You’re in for a treat when you meet up with Tick and I’m willing to bet you won’t be able to solve all the riddles in this book, although I’m certain you’ll try!

If you want to find out more details about this book and the cool author, you can go to The Dashner Dude.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails