Saturday, July 12, 2008

Farworld: Water Keep Blog Tour with J. Scott Savage




Welcome to the next stop of the blog tour for J. Scott Savage's amazing book Farworld: Water Keep!
We're on location--floating in the middle of the great Snake River in Idaho. Stay tuned to see how you can win a FREE copy of this book!

I figured this location would be great for the Farworld:Water Keep book interview!
The current of the Snake River is swift and strong and there are many unpredictable areas of the river. You can enjoy white water rafting, cliff jumping, swimming along the shore, boating and more. Farworld:Water Keep is like a river with great action, swift and strong twists and turns, trips through the rapids of plot excitement and mysteries all along the way. You’ll feel like you’ve just completed an exciting river run when you finish this book, but you’ll be thirsting for more.
I’m happy to invite author J. Scott Savage along on my river run!

What do you think of this interview location—where’s your lifejacket?
J:I’m good with the river part. I love swimming. But this whole snake thing frankly makes me a little nervous. Please tell me it’s because of the twisting nature of the river and not, you know, the snakes.

R:Hey, aren’t you the same person who created the Thrathkin S’Bae? Don’t worry about snakes—although there are lots of different kinds around—the Snake River is named as such because it twists through the land like a snake.

We're going to mix this interview up with some other fun questions. Since I'm a stay at home with two little kids, this will give you a feel of how it is to read a book in my house. I was dying to find out what would happen to Marcus, Kyja, and Riph-Raph but I often had to put the book down when there was only one page left of a chapter and rescue someone or something!

J:Understand, only too well.

R: How did you formulate the idea of this story?

J: A half a cup of plot. Two teaspoons of character. And lots of chocolate chips.

You know this story actually grew over the course of several years from an idea about a boy in a wheelchair, to a wizard and a warrior, then a girl who couldn’t do magic. But until I started writing it, the ideas just weren’t that strong. Then everything just started falling into place.


R: What is your favorite childhood game or toy?

J:I had this robot toy I really loved when I was about three or four. Then one day it tried to go down the stairs, It wasn’t pretty.

R: How did you come up with all of the interesting names and creatures in this book?

J:That may have been the best part of writing fantasy. I just tried to imagine really cool creatures I’d never seen before. It was so much fun. Some of the names came easily. Others took awhile. My wife actually named Kyja for me.

R: What is your favorite kind of ice cream/popsicle?

J: You know those ones that are orange popsicle on the outside and vanilla ice-cream inside? Not those. Kidding. They are my favorite. When I was a kid they used to be called 50/50 bars.

R:Popsicle is actually a forbidden word in our house because as soon as someone says it my 2 ½ year old starts freaking out because she thinks she needs one!

J:She’s not around now is she? (Eating quickly. I hate to make kids cry)

R:How many books will be in the Farworld series?

J: 27 . . . or 5.

R: What is the best tip you can give for potty training a child?

J: Guilt. Every time your child has an accident, tell them a bunny died. Unless you think that’s . . . you know . . . mean or something.

R:Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I can see why you write fantasy and not self-help books! :)I love the cover. Give us a teaser of some of the other artwork and maps in this book






R: What do you do when your kids are teasing each other mercilessly?

J:Well with my older son and daughter, I’d just say. “Go ahead. Make each other cry. Bloody each other’s noses. I don’t care.” Then they’d look at me and say, “No.” and they’d be nice to each other. That doesn’t work so well with my two boys.

R: Maybe I could turn into a Thrathkin S'Bae and that would get mine to behave.
What plans do you have to continue promotion of Farworld? School visits, book signings, etc.?

J: Tons and tons. In fact I have a plan for book two that I think will just blow people away.

R: Do you think you'll be doing any other interviews along the Snake River?

J: Well, we haven’t seen any snakes. So I’m open to it.

R:Thanks so much for the interview!
Will you please give me a list of the other books you've published and where they're available?

J:
Cutting Edge
Into the Fire
House of Secrets
Dead on Arrival


The first two are out of print. So you have to use half.com or something like that. The last two are available at most LDS and Utah bookstores. In fact deseretbook.com has them on sale for like $2. So they may end up out of print soon too.


How would you like to win a free, Advance Readers's Copy of Farworld: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage? You can't buy this book in stores until it's release in September, but I get to give away a free ARC as part of this blog tour.
You must be reside in the United States or Canada to be eligible to win.
All you need to do is leave a comment on this post and you will be entered in the drawing.
If you'd like an extra entry, then you can do a quick write-up on your blog and link back to this one.
All comments and links must be made by August 5th.

On August 6th, I will have one of my kids draw a name from all entries. If you are the winner, you must email me at Superfelt@gmail.com with your address and J. Scott Savage will make sure you get your free copy of Farworld: Water Keep.

Farworld: Water Keep teasers from J. Scott Savage's blog:

Come join Marcus and Kyja as they try to save both Farworld and Earth. Each time they jump between worlds, they learn more and more about magic . . . and the mystery of who they really are.

Some fun teasers: Read the first Two Chapters here and another teaser from the book here.

Remember if you'd like to learn more about Farworld, enter my contest to win a free ARC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails