Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Tall Tales Set with Music by Rachelle

I wanted to tell you about some fun stuff today! Many of you know that I am a huge fan of music. This year has been a busy one and for a couple months, I worked my tail off writing the lyrics to seven new songs and then helping to compose music for those songs.


Introducing the new Tall Tales Set from Story Time Felts with an original CD produced by Sage Mountain Studios I worked with Craig Hancock, owner of Sage Mountain Studios to create a unique mix of songs for this CD which children all over will love!

There are seven original songs based on the American Tall Tales and they are so much fun. For a sneak peek of "Johnny Appleseed" Click below.



The felt stories are awesome and so detailed. My kids have really enjoyed listening and telling the stories. The background board is a great size--big at 23" X 31" and perfect to use for all the different stories. My kids also enjoy listening to the CD in the car and my 2 year old keeps requesting Casey Jones when we go somewhere.
Here's a list of the stories and songs included:

Johnny Appleseed
Casey Jones
John Henry
Annie Oakley
Paul Bunyan
Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue
Davy Crockett and Sally Ann Thunder Ann Whirlwind

If you don't know all of these stories, I suggest you check them out. Most of them are based upon Americans who really lived and then the tale got stretched a little over time. :)


To learn more about this set you can visit Rachelle's web page or to purchase it you can also find it online at www.funfelt.com/rachelle.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails