Thursday, August 7, 2008

Preparedness Principles by Barbara Salsbury


I’m excited to be a part of the blog tour for a wonderful book, Preparedness Principles.Do any of you need some great ideas for a Christmas present, wedding present, or other? This book will fit the bill because it needs to be in every home library. Barbara Salsbury has done an excellent job in gathering all kinds of helpful information into this manual.

Preparedness Principles is touted as the complete personal preparedness resource guide for any emergency situation. At 355 pages, I haven’t read the whole thing, but I really love the wonderful index with hundreds of topics you can look up at a glance. There is SO much information in this book that can help you and your family to be prepared.

Barbara has provided a wonderful gift for all of us in this book so that we don’t have to panic. She doesn’t want us to overdo, overwhelm, or panic as we prepare-- but take it step by step.

Preparedness has been on my mind over the past year and at first I didn’t know why I felt so strongly we needed to work on things with our food storage. We’ve always had a pretty good pantry, but last summer I felt that we should try to get some more staples for our food storage. There happened to be an opportunity to buy wheat and I decided that even though I didn’t even own a hand grinder, I would buy some. My husband didn’t think we needed to buy too much, but I felt differently. I also stocked up on some other items. Shortly after, the wheat prices started to skyrocket and I am still so thankful for the promptings I received to prepare. It’s hard to explain the true peace that comes into your life when you are prepared. I don’t have a full year’s supply of food yet and there is much to be done, but I feel at peace because I am trying my best to do my part, little by little, to prepare.
I hope that many of you can read Preparedness Principles and start taking one step at a time toward a greater peacefulness in your life as you prepare.

Barbara Salsbury is also the author of Beating the High Cost of Eating, It’s Time to Plan, Not Panic, and Just Add Water.

This book was published by Cedar Fort and you can visit their website to find out more info and purchase the book here.
Here's a link to view and buy this book on Amazon.com

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails