Friday, October 31, 2008

LET’S GET POLITICAL

Okay, so I’ve been thinking a lot about the upcoming election and I’m excited to take part by voting. But then I got to thinking that maybe not everyone is as excited as me to vote.
So as a result of many nights of sleep deprivation with a newborn, I have reached a state of mind where funny things are happening.

Remember the popular song by Olivia Newton John, Let’s Get Physical?
Here’s the chorus, in case you can’t remember:
CHORUS
Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical, let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk, let me hear your body talk

You’re singing along aren’t you? It’s okay that’s good. Keep singing because I’ve added my own lyrics to the chorus to get you all jazzed up and ready to vote… Here you go, sing with me now.

Let’s get political, political, I wanna get political, let’s all get political
Let’s hear it for the USA, on election day, Let me see your ballot box

Let’s get political, political, I wanna get political, let’s all get political
Let’s hear it for the USA, on election day, Let me see your ballot box

Let’s all get out and vote on November 4, 2008!

It’s okay if you don’t sing, but please be sure to vote. Even if you have not already registered, you can still vote. All you need to do is register at the voting facility which may take a little extra time—but did you know that your employer is required by law to allow up to 2 hours off for you to get your vote in? So we really don’t have any excuse.
If you haven’t registered, please be sure to have your driver’s license with current address and if it isn’t current, bring a bill or something that has your address on it along with your driver’s license or other picture ID.

This is an extremely important election which I think will be a very close race. It is just a presidential election either, there are many state, city, and county offices throughout the USA up for election. Let’s all do our part by voting.

Let’s get POLITICAL!

Return to the Neighborhood and while you're there, subscribe to our fantastic newsletter. In addition to being able to shop in the new virtual neighborhood, the LDS newsletterbrings you LDS articles, LDS products, LDS services, LDS resources and LDSinterviews from around the world-all with an LDS focus. Look for issues delivered to your email inbox every week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.LDS Newsletter Subscriptions are FREE, and joining is easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails