Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do you like my new photo?

If you read my blog regularly, you might’ve noticed I recently changed my header photo. I thought it’d be fun to let you know that the photo I just took down and the new one were both taken by my mom. She is an excellent photographer—not professional by trade, but pretty darn good if you ask me!





This previous photo was of my dad and my brother about ten years ago. We were out south of Burley, Idaho on Mt. Harrison and could see all the farmlands for miles and miles with the exact shape of the fields outlined. Those round circles are from pivots, or circulars--the great hulking irrigation systems which have replaced most wheel and handlines , for all you non-farming types.





The new picture was taken recently and I love it, not only because it’s gorgeous but because it is where I grew up. Those locust trees are approaching 100 years old and some of the wood used to make our ramshackle horse corral is about that old as well. I think my mom caught a perfect moment of quiet beauty on our farm which makes me happy, but also gives me a lump in my throat because I loved growing up in Idaho and I still miss it.

Hope you enjoy my mom’s talent as much as I do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails