Friday, January 9, 2009

Network with Writers at the LDStorymakers Conference

I wanted to tell you about the most amazing writer’s conference coming up in April. The LDStorymakers conference is what I credit for getting me on the right track to becoming a successful author. I attended my first writer’s conference with LDStorymakers three years ago in 2006 and found the most amazing and professional insight into my writing. Even though I had read writing books and owned a few copies of the coveted, “Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market” I decided I didn’t know beans about writing and soaked up every last tip and detail.

Each year, the conference has improved and I have learned more and more to help me on my writing path. I’ve met some incredible authors and aspiring authors and everyone is so helpful and encouraging.

I love entering the first chapter contest in conjunction with this writer’s conference because it’s a great way to get a detailed critique on my writing and a chance to win some awesome awards! I have my beautiful certificate from 2007 with my 2nd place award hanging right above my computer. It’s helpful to look at this after opening those special little self-addressed-stamped envelopes with form letter rejections. And on the topic of rejection, it sure helps to have a network of friends to encourage you in the face of rejection. Writing or specifically submitting should be listed as an alternate definition for REJECTION in the dictionary or at least a synonym. If you are serious about writing and publishing a book, then you must be ready to open many notices of rejection—hey at least you get some mail once in a while! But back to what I was saying—attending a writer’s conference is important because you can find a network of support.
This year, my first book will be published and my goal is to get publishing contracts for two more. I am still learning and honing my writing skills and look forward to many years of successful writing.

I’ve already had some friends ask me about writing and how to write a book and I’ve told them I’m not an expert, but I think you should attend a writer’s conference—specifically LDStorymakers.

I believe that attending writer’s conferences have made all the difference in helping me to achieve my goals. So if you’re in Utah on April 24-25 and you would like to attend a premier writer’s conference, check out www.ldstorymakers.com and register.
There is an early bird registration discount until January 31, 2009.
It’s a wonderful way to network with other writers, editors, publishers, agents and have an amazing time too!

Return to the Neighborhood.

And while you're there, subscribe to our fantastic newsletter. In addition to being able to shop in the new virtual neighborhood, our newsletter brings you articles, products, services, resources and interviews from around the world-all with an LDS focus. Look for issues delivered to your email inbox every week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

Neighborhood Newsletter
Subscriptions are FREE, and joining is easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails