Friday, October 2, 2009

2 Reasons to Mop the Floor

I think that something in the universe knows that my floor doesn't get mopped nearly enough, so I had a little extra motivation to get it done. The fates in charge of floor-mopping thought it would be fun to play a few tricks on me.

It's okay you can laugh.

My little sister blamed it on my hair color. I'm sure you know how the first picture happened, but it really wasn't a blonde moment. We ran out of dishwasher detergent and this has happened before. I just use a couple tablespoons of baking soda and a squirt of dish soap. Only this time, I was on the phone and trying to keep Dawson out of the dishwasher and basically doing too many things at once....and well I squirted the dish soap a little too much and I looked at it and thought, "Hmmm, it will probably be okay."

As you can see by the picture, it was a little too much soap, but my floor is really clean now!

I just got out the mop and used all the soap suds to my advantage.

This second picture did not create such happy feelings. I was doing the laundry and of course carrying my baby in one arm and the laundry basket in the other. I'm still not sure how I did this, but as I walked toward my washer, the basket bumped into my shelf of neatly stacked rows of canned goods.

I heard a loud noise like breaking glass as I walked past and turned around slowly. It was a jar of Elderberry syrup--do you think I could have picked anything stickier?

The moral of this post is, Go mop your floor before the floor-mopping fates strike again!
I hope you don't think this means I'm messy--I mean my floors are always clean enough to eat off of--at least that's what 11 month old Dawson thinks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails