Wednesday, January 26, 2011

About Me

I was born and raised in the small farming town of Rupert, Idaho and I’m a dirt between the toes, irrigation boot-wearing, ponytail flipping in the wind as I drive the 4-wheeler FARM girl all the way!
I currently live in Utah County and I miss those farm days, but I’ve been in Utah now for about 13 years. I’m married to my incredible husband, Steve, and we have three wonderful kids–2 girls and one boy.
I graduated as a valedictorian from Minico High School and then moved to Logan, Utah to attend USU. I graduated from Utah State University in ‘99 with a bachelor’s in Psychology and a minor in music. Go Aggies! I love USU–that’s where I met my husband!
I enjoy so much of life–there’s so much to learn and experience. I love reading almost any genre/age group and usually read over 50 books a year from a variety of different authors. I love running, making cards with rubber stamps, crocheting, knitting (on a loom), playing volleyball, singing, playing the piano, telling felt stories and giving puppet shows to my kids and their friends, and cooking.
I’ve enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. As a child, I loved to make up poems and write short stories. I loved daydreaming and writing stories in my head--alway carrying on some narrative with a character when I was working in the fields. I used to wish that I could be a cat and sleep in the sun so I wouldn't have to weed the garden. Still sounds kind of nice sometimes!

A few interesting tidbits:
I started a cleaning business after I graduated from college and with my crew, we’d clean 80 college apartments from top to the grimy bottom in 9 days.
I finished my first novel–a middle-grade reader in 2001. I learned a lot from writing that book (which will take a serious rewrite to be publishable) and it set me on a path to gain all the knowledge I could to be a successful writer.
I enjoy singing and playing the piano and have composed several original songs. I co-produced a children’s CD about American Tall Tales for Story Time Felts in 2008 with 7 original songs. They’re so much fun!
 
Twenty-four of my short stories have been published by Story Time Felts as part of their product line for creative children.Check out Story Time Felts.com to see the Figures To Tell item #6218- The Itsy Bitsy Spider-that two of these stories accompany. I created a bug story for each month in the year 2008. Each story features a different holiday. It has been so much fun to see my stories illustrated and turned into felt figures. I also worked on the Community Helpers project for 2009, creating stories, poems, songs, and other info about different community helpers each month. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails