Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa's Reindeer

We've been up late wrapping presents and getting stuff ready for Christmas. I'm finishing up some hooded bath towels for my kids--far from professional but they'll love the colors. Pink, Purple, and Green.

I walked past my front room and saw movement out our big picture window. How fun to see six deer walking through the freshly falling snow right across the street!

We live close to the mountain so the deer are a regular occurrence (last year we saw them on Christmas Eve!) and we've had a lot of fun with that this month. I told my girls that Santa's reindeer were checking on them to make sure they were being good and that sometimes the elves ride the reindeer and peek in their window to make sure their room is clean and they are sleeping tight.

The girls have been behaving pretty good lately!

This is such a beautiful time of year and when I see things like that herd of deer wandering through the empty lot by our house, moving so gracefully through the silver-white snow, it reminds me of why I love this season.

I'm thankful I live in a place where I have reminders to help me stop, take a deep breath, and enjoy the spirit of Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails