Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Books Rachelle Read in 2009

Another year has come to a close and I've been busy with lots of wonderful books. Rachelle's Book Club added several more reviews that I hope you'll enjoy.
I could talk books forever, so please tell me what you think about some of the books on my list. I've also added a link to those books I reviewed.

I'm already scheduling reviews for this year, so if you'd like your book to be considered please email me at RachellethewriterATgmail.com

Now, I've got to hurry and get this list done so I can finish reading the first book on my list of 2010!
I'll add a disclaimer that just because I read all of these books, doesn't mean I loved them all--a few I would never recommend, but I'm just giving you my list. You can see my reviews to see which ones I liked and I also marked my favorites with **

1. Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
2. Enna Burning-Shannon Hale **I love anything by this author!
3. Missing May- Cynthia Rylant
4. On Writing- Eudora Welty
5. Crocodile on the Sandbank- Elizabeth Peters
6. Make Me a Home- Tamra Norton
7. The Forgotten Warrior- Kathi Oram Peterson
8. Stargirl- Jerry Spinelli
9. The Watson's Go to Birmingham-1963- Christopher Paul Curtis
10. Lemon Tart- Josi Kilpack
11. Live Writing- Ralph Fletcher
12. Wildfire at Midnight- Mary Stewart
13. Blue Heaven- C.J. Box
14. The Curse of the Pharaohs- Elizabeth Peters
15. The Camelot Caper- Elizabeth Peters
16. Rainsong- Phyllis A. Whitney
17. The Midwife's Apprentice- Karen Cushman**
18. Seventh Heaven- Alice Hoffman
19. The Brothers- Chris Stewart**
20.Strangling Your Husband is Not an Option- Merrilee Boyack
21. The Outsiders- S.E. Hinton
22. All's Fair- Julie Bellon
23. The Believer- Stephanie Black**
24. The Great & Terrible Vol. 2 Where Angels Fall-- Chris Stewart **
25. Dragon Slippers- Jessica Day George **
26.Elijah of Buxton- Christopher Paul Curtis
27. The Great & Terrible Vol 3 The Second Sun- Chris Stewart
28. Fool Me Twice- Stephanie Black
29. Pickup Games- Marcia Mickelson
30. The Name of the Wind- Patrick Rothfuss
31. Fablehaven 4- Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary- Brandon Mull**
32. Illuminations of the Heart- Joyce DiPastena**
33. The Great & Terrible Vol 4 Fury & Light- Chris Stewart**
34. Organize as You Go- Marie Ricks
35. The Great & Terrible Vol 5 From the End of Heaven- Chris Stewart**
36. Loyalty's Web- Joyce DiPastena
37. The Great & Terrible Vol 6 Clear as the Moon- Chris Stewart
38. By Love or By Sea- Rachel Rager
39. No Way Out- Christine Kersey
40. The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins **
41. Abinadi- Heather Moore**
42. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins**
43. When Love Blooms- Robin Lee Hatcher
44. The Independence Club- Rachel Ann Nunes
45. Am I Not a Man? Dred Scott Story- Mark Shurtleff
46. Twilight- Stephenie Meyer (my 2nd reading of this book)
47. The Ball's In Her Court- Heather Justesen
48. Unpublished book by Heather Justesen (can't wait 'til it comes out!)
49. New Moon- Stephenie Meyer (2nd reading-still enjoyed it!)
50. Wings- Aprilynne Pike**
51. The Christmas List- Richard Paul Evans**
52. Beauty- Robin McKinley**
53. A Cup of Comfort for Breast Cancer Survivors- contributing author C.L. Beck
54. A Cup of Comfort for Horse Lovers- contributing author C.L. Beck
55. Mormon Mishaps& Mischief- C.L. Beck & D.N. Giles

*I just thought that I really should add one more book to this list to make it an even number. Especially since I've read this book about 10 times in the past year.
56. Wrong Number- Rachelle J. Christensen (publication date, March 2010)

Yep, first I wrote it, then I've read and revised my book, polishing it for its print date. Stay tuned for more news on this and future book giveaways!

Hopefully I remembered to write them all down--quite a list and there's a lot of favorites on there. I'm excited for what's in store for Rachelle's Book Club in 2010!


*I received several free copies of books to review during 09 and it was fun to see all the different writing styles of various authors. Receiving free books doesn't influence my reviews--I'll always tell you what I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails