Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rachelle's Book Club Review: Love Your Body by Brooke Parker

I received a free copy of this book from Walnut Springs Press and I'm happy to share my review.
This book is a quick read, set up so that you can read a few pages, digest, and come back for more. I liked Brooke's approach--easy-going as if she were talking right to me. As a dietitian, She has a wealth of knowledge and so much experience for pretty much every scenario you can think up.

I connected with her book because she talks about finding a new relationship with food and I truly believe that is the secret to success.

After I had my 2nd baby and had lost most of my baby weight, I had to have an MRI because of my back problems. I went to the doctor to talk about my MRI and what we could do to improve my health. He told me that I needed to lose 20-25 pounds. I was one month post-partum and was feeling good that I'd lost almost all of my baby weight. So when he told me that I just wanted to cry, but guess what? I did it. I changed the way I thought about food and went on to lose not 20, but 30 pounds!

Since then, I've had another baby and have had to work to get my body back again, but the most important thing I've learned is that I have to think about food differently. Just like Brooke teaches--you must find a new relationship with food. It isn't about deprivation. It's about how you interact with food.

To read more about this book and learn how you can win your very own copy, click here to visit my previous post. I recommend that you pick this book up and learn how to overcome the myths about food, dieting, and your relationship to eating.

Buy the book here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails