Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fairy Birthday Cake and Birthday Party

My daughter turned seven recently and wanted a fairy birthday party and cake. I tried to think of what I could do to make it fun and fancy.

I've made doll cakes before with the dome cake pan, but felt the cake never was fluffy enough. So at first, I told her I wouldn't be able to use that cake pan and we'd have to do something else. Then I thought of a great idea and I surprised her.

I made rice crispie treats and packed those into the dome cake pan and then inserted the Barbie doll.

I baked a horseshoe cake and decorated it like a fairy meadow and then decorated the Barbie doll to match.

I'm not a professional, but I can say that my daughter was absolutely thrilled and surprised and loved her cake. It was a wonderful birthday!

For the party we served pink chocolate dipped strawberries, key lime tarts (courtesy of my awesome mother-in-law), Fairy juice=pomegranate juice with cute flower shaped ice cubes, flower shaped cookies, and grapes. I made flowers with pixie sticks as stems and we had the girls wear fairy wings for a fairy treasure hunt with jewels, flower rings, and candies.
I wouldn't have been able to pull it all off without my husband's help and my mother-in-law, and lots of brainstorming from my mom who lives too far away to come. There were five little girls, plus Gracie's little sister, so seven girls had lots of fun at this fairy birthday party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails