Monday, July 26, 2010

Book Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I've been updating my book reviews, so if you'd like to see more of the books I've read please check out my sidebar under Rachelle's Book Club. All of the titles I've reviewed on my blog should be there.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader's Circle)

I finished this book a few months ago and wanted to get my review up because I've told a few people about this book recently. Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows were the authors of this delightful read--
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


This book was excellent! I love books that are a work of fiction but convey fact at the same time. I had no idea what it was about and when I started reading I wondered if I'd be able to get into the book because the entire thing is letters! But I did enjoy it and most of all because I didn't even know the Channel Islands existed or anything about the German occupation of Guernsey during WWII--I know I should be a better historian--but I'm telling you to read this book so you won't have to be ignorant of this amazing piece of history either.


I also want to add that this book is delightful and funny--I was laughing out loud several times while I read and I love it when I read a book and the corners of my mouth are perpetually turned up in a smile.

Have you read this book? What did you think? I'd love to hear your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails