Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Highlights Writers Conference in Chautauqua, New York

This week I'm attending the Writers Workshop at Chautauqua and I'm so excited for this opportunity.
I've been on an email list receiving writing tips and conference info from the Highlights organization for over a year. I often drooled over their conferences, but never thought it was a possibility.
Back in January I read about how there are scholarships available for this amazing weeklong conference and so I decided, What the heck, and I applied for a scholarship.

A few months later, in late March, I received word that I had been awarded a scholarship. I was excited, amazed, and didn't know what to do because when I had applied I wasn't pregnant. I have difficult pregnancies, but I also have 3 little kids at home so I didn't know what to do. I asked my husband, "Do you think I should go?"
He said, "You'd better go. It's the chance of a lifetime."
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my husband? He is so awesome--I love you Steve. So I began making plans and arrangements and now here I am in New York about to start an amazing experience.
I've never been to New York before, I'm in the southwestern part of the state and the weather is a bit cooler, so that's nice.
When I get back I will write some posts and share some of the writing tips that I'll be learning. Check out the amazing faculty at this conference and you'll know why I'm so excited.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails