Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bedroom Makeover Part 1

This summer I've been working on a huge project. I had to clean out my entire guest room/storage room so that we could get ready to move the girls downstairs.
Baby #4 is on the way and so we had to do some room swapping.

I went to the paint store and looked at tons of color chips and project examples and found one that I just loved from Disney. It was a Tinkerbell theme, but I just loved the color scheme because I thought it was something that would work well as my girls grow older. I showed it to my girls and they got all excited.
So.....I started painting. Can I just say how sick I am of painting now, but so glad that it's done!

I have some before and after pictures.
 The walls were stark white and the molding around the window was raw wood.

I used two different shades of aqua or turqouise for the walls.

I started this way back in June, doing the walls first before my pregnant belly got too big and uncomfortable. It took me a long time because I could only do a little bit at a time.

The closet doors went from plain white...

to something a little bit more eye-catching!



The girls loved peeking in the room to see how it was progressing. I had to ban them from the room when they tripped and fell into the wall and got blue paint all over their pajamas!

The trim on the window was a fun accent as well as the lowered portion of the wall just above the doorway.

We think the room looks pretty magical now. Just wait until you see what I did with the dressers--that's next!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails