Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bedroom Makeover Part 2

Click on this link to see Part 1 of the Bedroom Makeover--we've come a long way from plain white walls!

After the walls and trim were finished, it was time for the dressers, the nightstand, and the coatpost.
I had a hand-me-down dresser from my in-laws and another one saved from the donation pile on the side of the road. We put the creative juices to work and changed these into darling works of art for the girl's room.

By this time, my pregnant belly was definitely in the way and I couldn't stand for very long without a lot of pain, so I recruited my over-eager daughters to help paint their dressers. It worked good for the first coat of paint. Since I was using darker, brighter colors everything had to have two coats of paint.
Here's dresser #1 from the side of the road:

And here is the finished makeover of dresser #1



My dad made this coatpost for me and each of my siblings over 20 years ago. This particular one was plain wood, unfinished and so we changed it up a bit.


I didn't get a before picture of dresser #2, but it was a hand-me-down from my in-laws painted white. I loved the color scheme we used and the girls were pretty excited too.



My husband made the little nightstand when he was in high school. It had a light colored wood-veneer which I painted over.

If you look at the bottom of the nightstand, you can barely see the trim--that was the old look--I painted that part too and it's a fun accent piece.


The girls loved helping with the cleanup of the brushes and rollers.

The painting part of this bedroom makeover is done, but there are still a few finishing touches that need to be done. I don't know if I'll be able to get to that before the baby is born, but the girls are loving their room and that is what is most important!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails