Monday, October 4, 2010

Remaking a Turtleneck Shirt

Okay, time to share some frugal fare! I love a great deal and I'm a yard sale junkie. I picked up two darling turtleneck shirts for my seven-year-old for only 25 cents a piece a couple weeks ago. But...my daughter doesn't like turtlenecks. So, I decided to fix that--I don't really like turtlenecks either!


I googled how to remake turtlenecks and found this great bloggy site. http://mayamade.blogspot.com/2010/03/turtleneck-to-ruffle-neck.html
I love Maya's idea of using a lettuce edging and so I decided to try it myself.
Here goes.... my pictures aren't the greatest but you'll get the idea. :)

First I cut off the turtleneck

Then I stretched and sewed a tight zigzag for the lettuce edging effect
I did this around the neck, the sleeves, and the bottom of the shirt.
Voila!
I even saved the trimming from the sleeves and will use it as a decorative hair band for her ponytail.
For the next shirt, my daughter said she wanted short sleeves, so I decided to change it up even more.
I love that lettuce edging! Thanks Maya!
 Isn't it fun what we can do with scissors and a bit of thread? What projects have you completed lately? Share some of your great ideas and blog sites with me and my readers in the comments section. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails