Monday, November 1, 2010

Review of The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

I love books that inspire me! While reading The Last Lecture, I just kept thinking how amazing Randy Pausch's story is. Randy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and this book is how he decided to make the most of the life he had left. The legacy he left behind for his family, for everyone, in The Last Lecture is truly fantastic.
The Last Lecture
The whole book is quotable, but I'm going to share just one piece that I absolutely loved from page 36-37:

After playing little league football and getting chewed on by the coach, "...one of the assistant coaches came over to reassure me. " Coach Graham rode you pretty hard, didn't he?" he said.
I could barely muster a "yeah."
"That's a good thing," the assistant told me. "When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you."
Randy went on to say: "... your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better."
Pick up a copy of The Last Lecture to read more inspirational stories and get motivated to take life by the reins and do what is most important. It's a short book--a quick read--that I'm sure you'll love. If you've read it, I'd love to hear what you thought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails