Monday, January 17, 2011

My Perilous Prize-- A New Kindle

I am thrilled to show you the latest addition to my library!

I won a Kindle from Tamara Hart Heiner and her publisher WiDo Publishing. I earned points from a contest she held to launch her novel, Perilous.
I'm reading Perilous right now and can't wait to see what Tamara has in store for the teenage girls in her novel who have been kidnapped.
Here's a little blurb about her novel:

Jaci Rivera has plans for her sophomore year-- to make the honor roll and eat too much pizza with her best friends, Callie and Sara. Her biggest concern is Amanda, the pushy girl who just moved into town. What Jaci doesn't plan for is catching a notorious robber red-handed, or being kidnapped. The desperate thief drags her and her friends 2,000 miles across the Canadian border. Then Jaci finds something out about her family. Something which irrevocably connects her to their kidnapper, and makes her question their chances of escape. 

About the Author

Tamara Hart Heiner lives in Arkansas with her husband and three children. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in English. She teaches English in the mornings and spends the rest of the day avoiding the laundry and other chores, all in the name of parenting. Sometimes she gets to sit down in front of the computer and write for a few hours.
Perilous

Thank you Tamara and WiDo for this awesome prize!

I'm still learning all the neat features of my new Kindle. But I'll let you in on a little secret...I have been kind of a reluctant follower of the ebook frenzy. I was really uncertain as to how a computerized screen could replace my beloved paper books. But then when I was setting up my Kindle and practicing downloading books selected from the Free list on Amazon, I came across a free copy of The Count of Monte Cristo. This is a monster sized book, over 1200 pages and small print. It's been in my to-read pile for a bit and I had thought, "Man, I won't be able to shove that monster-sized book in my purse."
Ahem...
With one click, I downloaded a free copy of this book and now I'll be able to carry that book plus thousands of others with me wherever I go.
I'm looking forward to getting to know my Kindle better and I'll be writing more posts in the future on ebooks.
Do you have an e-reader? What are your feelings on ebooks?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails