Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Author Interview with Cheri Chesley

Today I'm happy to welcome new author, Cheri Chesley, to my blog for a little interview. Cheri wrote The Peasant Queen  and here's a bit about the book which is a Young Adult Fantasy:


After running away from home, Krystal is transported to a faraway kingdom where an evil tyrant is bent on taking the crown - and Krystal's hand in marriage. But when she falls in love with the rightful heir to the throne, she must make an impossible choice: sacrifice her one chance at happiness or face the destruction of an entire kingdom. 


What inspired you to write The Peasant Queen? I wrote The Peasant Queen because of Krystal. This character came to me, and wouldn't leave me alone. She fascinated me. Then, my villain, Gregory, got into my head. He's why the story has never died.

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about writing? I love those flashes of lightning when a scene or character motivation just fills your head, and you can't wait to get it on paper. It's so exhilarating. Conversely, I hate sitting there in front of my computer knowing what I want to happen next and having no idea how to word it.

Do you have a favorite author, book, or genre of books you'd like to share? Hmm, I'm really bad at narrowing things down to a single favorite. I read what I'm in the mood to read--fantasy, romance, historical, mystery/suspense--and when I like a book, it's more to do with how it made me feel than how that book looks on a literary dissecting table. But I think, right now, my favorite book is the one I'm writing. That's how it should be for an author, right? :)

What are a few of your hobbies or what do you do when you're not writing and raising a family? :) I love to create (no surprise there). And, though I don't excel at any particular hobby, I love to bake, sew and photograph. I really enjoy taking scraps and seeing what I can do with them.

The Peasant QueenWhat advice do you have for aspiring authors? Never give up! It took me nearly twenty years to honestly accept writing was my path. I dreamed about being a writer, hoped to be a writer, but it took that acceptance before I could actually work to make it a reality. People are going to tell you, all through your journey, that you aren't good enough. And while it's always good to take constructive criticism and advice--you don't have to listen to the ones who are just trying to tear down that precious part of your individuality.

Thanks Cheri! It was fun learning more about you. You can visit Cheri's blog here http://cherichesley.blogspot.com/
and The Peasant Queen is available wherever books are sold.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails