Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Whitney Award Finalists

I have been reading a bunch of great books lately and I'm excited to share a list of books on my to-read list: The Whitney Award Finalists.
I'm pretty excited about this list, which is made up of authors who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but the books do not have to be specifically LDS. You'll notice books in every genre and market on this list. I'm also excited about this list because if you look closely you'll notice that I am on this list! Yes! Wrong Number was selected as a finalist and I'm so happy to be grouped with the other stellar authors in the mystery/suspense genre.

Here's the list of finalists, books published in 2010:

Romance:
  • Courting Miss Lancaster, by Sarah Eden
  • Cross My Heart, by Julie Wright
  • The Legend of Shannonderry, by Carol Warburton
  • Luck of the Draw, by Rachael Renee Anderson
  • Meg’s Melody, by Kaylee Baldwin
Mystery/Suspense:
  • Cold As Ice, by Stephanie Black
  • Crossfire, by Traci Hunter Abramson
  • Murder by Design, by Betsy Brannon Green
  • A Time To Die, by Jeffrey Savage
  • Wrong Number, by Rachelle Christensen
Speculative:
  • Imprints, by Rachel Ann Nunes
  • Mr. Monster, by Dan Wells
  • Pathfinder, by Orson Scott Card
  • The Scorch Trials, by James Dashner
  • The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson
Youth Fiction—Speculative:
  • Fablehaven 5, by Brandon Mull
  • Matched, by Ally Condie
  • Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White
  • The Forbidden Sea, by Sheila Nielson
  • The Fourth Nephite, Jeffrey Savage
Youth Fiction—General:
  • Glimpse, by Carol Lynch Williams
  • Missing in Action, by Dean Hughes
  • My Double Life, by Janette Rallison
  • The Healing Spell, by Kimberly Griffiths Little
  • Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me, by Kristen Chandler
Historical:
  • Alma The Younger, by H.B. Moore
  • Oh Say Can You See?, by L.C. Lewis
  • The Sheen on the Silk, by Anne Perry
  • The Silence of God, by Gale Sears
  • Trespass, by Sandra Grey
General Fiction:
  • Band of Sisters, by Annette Lyon
  • Blink of an Eye, by Gregg Luke
  • The Cross Gardener, by Jason Wright
  • Finding Mercie, by Blaine Yorgason
  • Lucky Change, by Susan Law Corpany
Best Novel By A New Author :
  • Wrong Number, by Rachelle J. Christensen
  • The Forbidden Sea, by Sheila Nielson
  • Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White
  • Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me, by Kristen Chandler
  • Meg’s Melody, by Kaylee Baldwin
You can read more about the Whitney Awards here, but I'll tell you that the books go through a judging panel that includes publishers, authors, and book reviewers and 5 finalists are selected for each genre. As a member of LDStorymakers, I have the opportunity to vote on the finalists. In order to vote, I have to read all 5 books in each category. I anticipate being able to read most of the books, so we'll see how it goes! Wrong Number
Because Wrong Number is my first novel, I am also up for the award of Best Novel By a New Author. I'm excited to read the books in that category as well.
I look forward to sharing some of my reviews with you, so stay tuned.
Have you read some of the books on this list? Do you have any favorites?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails