Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Review of Cayman Summer by Angela Morrison

Today I'm reviewing a book that is the third in a series of novels by Angela Morrison. *There is an incredible contest for this blog tour that you all can enter. Visit this link http://caymansummer.blogspot.com/2011/06/ml-forever-contest-and-blog-tour.html to see all the totally rockin' prizes and books available to win!

 Cayman Summer: (Taken by Storm Book #3)Cayman Summer: (Taken by Storm Book #3)
Angela is a talented writer and a very brave one too--she wrote this book and posted it draft by draft on her blog for the world to see.  Then when it was complete she published it in ebook and paperback. I had to find ou the rest of Leesie's story and so I grabbed Cayman Summer the first chance I got and devoured it.

Angela delivered another breathtaking story. Her books are unique because they are written from the perspective of Leesie and Michael through Leesie's incredible free-verse poetry and Michael, the scuba diver's, dive log/journal. I love the way she lets the reader inside these character's heads in a way that, for me made me feel like they were living, breathing people that I might run into on the street.

Cayman Summer is a romance, but it is so much more than a romance. It is about life-defining choices and what happens when you stick to your personal code of honor. Leesie is a strait-laced Mormon girl who never thought she could fall in love with a guy who didn't believe in God, let alone want to make-out with him. Through this saga, we see Leesie struggling with her feelings for Michael and learning how life doesn't fit in a cookie cutter mold. 
I love the twist Angela creates in Cayman Summer--Leesie was always the strong, perfect one and she shows us what happens when things go wrong. I'm not going to spoil it, so you'll just have to read the books yourself. I recommend starting with Taken by Storm because I'm pretty sure you'll be hooked just like I was.

You can see my review of the first two books in the series, Taken By StormTaken by StormTaken by Storm and Unbroken ConnectionUnbroken ConnectionUnbroken Connection, if you click on this link.

You can also visit Angela's website to learn more about her and her writing here, http://web.me.com/angelamorrison/Angela_Morrison/Welcome.html

Don't forget to enter the contest on the Cayman Summer blog!
Have you heard about these books? I'd love to know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails