Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Great Book for Kids: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

Every night my husband and I read to our kids. He reads to the boys and I read to the girls. We just finished reading Mrs. Piggle-WiggleMrs. Piggle-Wiggle and Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's MagicMrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic by Betty MacDonald
We love laughing over the silly names like Mrs. Moohead and Mrs. Grassfeather and I loved how Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle helped so many mothers when their darling children had behavior problems.
These books are old, as in 1950s old, but the humor and depictions still ring true. My girls especially loved the last chapter of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic where the kids hunt for pirate treasure. The other great point about these books is that they would be super-easy to utilize in libraries and classrooms. Because of the format, you can easily read a chapter from anywhere in the book to give a taste of what fun reading is. If you haven't met Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and you have kids in your life, I'd encourage you to check out these books and get to know her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails