Monday, September 19, 2011

I Feel Like Writing

I walked a long road paved with rejections, self-doubt, and hard work before my first novel was published last year. So Saturday night when that novel won a special award, I was excited and in wonder. Did they just call my name?
Yes!

My husband Steve, and I, along with our baby Austin attended the League of Utah Writers Awards banquet and I won this beautiful award for my book WRONG NUMBER.


It is the Olive Woolley Burt Award for Outstanding Book of the Year. WRONG NUMBER was also awarded a first prize Golden Quill award in adult fiction.


The best part was that my husband was there to cheer for me, which is something he's really good at from the sidelines of my computer at home. He has always been my biggest fan and source of encouragement. He gets me and my dream. I love you Steve.

Baby Austin was pretty excited as well!

So, I feel like writing today and I'm going to sweep away the worry and self-doubt and type as fast as I can on my new novel. And when the next rejection comes in or I'm not sure how my character will overcome her latest problem, I'm going to stare at that award and then keep writing!

I want you to do the same--get rid of those negative worries that are keeping you from reaching for your dream and go for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails