Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Celebrations

Today is a fun day for my family because it's a tradition to celebrate with my husband's family by going to the parade. Then we have dinner at his parent's house after with all the grandkids running wild through the house.
The weather for the parade was perfect--a bit overcast and not too hot.
The kids had fun on the carnival rides.

They cheered when they caught candy from the parade (and one cried cuz she didn't get enough).
We put our hand on our heart when the flag passed by and applauded the veterans of war parading in their army jeeps.
We clapped for the dancers and the bands, waved at the beauty queens and Smoky the Bear. And I remembered the many parades I attended as a child and thought how grateful  I am to be part of this family tradition, making memories with my own children.
Now we're enjoying the afternoon, the last few hours of relaxation before life goes back to normal.

What did you do today? I hope you had fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails