Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Logitech Wireless Wave MK 550 Keyboard--I think I'm in love!

I am so excited for you to meet the newest member of my desktop computer family.
The Logitech Wireless Wave MK 550 Keyboard and Mouse Combo.


I'm not getting any kind of special treatment from the company for telling you about this, so why take the time to tell you? Because I'm in love.
Yep. I admit it! Sorry, plain old-school style keyboard, I've moved on.
For the past several weeks, I've been dealing with tendonitis in my right hand, severe enough that I had to wear a wrist brace. I attributed it to several factors: my 25 pound 11 month old baby, practicing the piano a lot  more than I have in the past three years or so, and typing on a crappy keyboard because I couldn't decide whether to take the plunge and buy a nice one.

I am so happy I finally decided to do it. It helped that my brother sent me an alert that the price had dropped on Amazon and that I had a $25 gift certificate to said store that needed to be spent. :)
I am a very happy girl typing on my new Logitech Wireless Wave Combo Mk550 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002555) right now. The keyboard has a slight ergonomic wave to it that I adjusted to without even noticing the difference. The hand rest is firm, yet comfortable and built into the keyboard. And can I just say that this keyboard is totally pimped out!  There are so many different programmable function keys that I haven't even used them all yet.

A few of my favorites:
I love that there is a button with a camera on it and I can program it to open up my pictures with one click.
There's also a button with music notes. With a push of that button, my iTunes open up ready to go.

Using the Fn key plus any of the F keys numbered from 1-12 will open up a different feature. For example, I programmed the "W" for the Word program on the F1 key to open up my current work in progress. The F2 key has an X for Excel and it is programmed to open up my spreadsheet so that I can track my word count progress for my current WIP. Yep, I'm a nerd, but I don't care, that's how excited I am about this keyboard.

I love typing on this keyboard. The buttons have just enough give, aren't too "clicky" and I feel like I can type even faster than before.

The mouse is great. It's the first time, I've had a mouse with the forward and back buttons for web-surfing on the side--soooo handy!

If you've been wishy-washy in the past about updating your keyboard and mouse, I would suggest taking the plunge and getting the Logitech Wireless Wave MK 550 Keyboard and Mouse combo. I think you'll love it.


What's your favorite tool for using the computer?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails