Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Anniversary is 9/11

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary. Our lives are full of so much joy with our four beautiful children, good jobs, comfortable home, and loving family. On our 3rd anniversary, the way we celebrated was forever changed. When the twin towers fell, it created a stark reminder of how precious life is and how quickly it can change.

I enjoy reading Rachelle Gardner's blog (she has a great name!) and she posted asking readers to share their feelings about 9/11/2001.
Here is my comment:

It was my 3rd wedding anniversary. My husband called me from work and told me to turn on the TV. I saw the second tower fall. Even though the media has removed so many of those images, they can never erase the pictures in my mind of the firefighters running, crying, dying in the streets.
Each year we celebrate our anniversary–a day that changed our lives forever–and reflect on 9/11–a day that changed the world forever.

*I'm thankful for my family and I pray that those who suffered loss that day will feel peace today.
What do you remember about 9/11?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails