Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Book Review: Bound by C. K. Bryant

I have a great recommendation for anyone who enjoys reading a young adult paranormal romance.
C. K. Bryant can write! And she's written a stellar first novel, Bound. Check out the cool cover.


Here's a blurb about the book:

When a photo shoot ends in tragedy, Kira discovers her best friend, Lydia, has been keeping a secret. Knowing the truth, and accepting it, will change Kira’s life forever and thrust her into a world of ancient curses, magical objects, and savage enemies. What happens next will challenge everything Kira knows about her world, herself and the shape-shifting warrior she’s falling in love with. No longer the timid mouse her mother accused her of being, but a woman who finds the mental and physical strength to endure and survive.

BOUND is a heroic tale of true friendship, infinite sacrifice and untamed love.

I like the creative use of magic in this book. The characters in Bound pulled me into the story, and by the second chapter I felt emotionally invested in Kira's life and pushed the page button on my Kindle faster and faster to find out what would happen next.

I've been using books as a reward system lately for myself. When I finished a certain point of editing or word count in writing, I let myself take a little break to read! I'm almost finished with Bound and it has been such a great reprieve from editing my book.

C.K. Bryant's writing style is gripping, fresh, and realistic. Her attention to detail held me captive in Kira's world as I explored each new adventure alongside Lydia and Octavion--who is a total hottie, I might add.
Bound is book one in The Crystor series and I am looking forward to more!

Bound is available as an ebook for only $3.99 on Amazon

and also on Smashwords
You can visit C.K. Bryant's website here to get a hard copy of the book, and she can autograph it for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails