Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

The week of Thanksgiving brings so many happy memories to my mind. As a child, each Thanksgiving we met with extended family at my grandma's house for a big dinner. We stayed all day long, eating, visiting, eating, playing games, eating some more. I enjoyed hanging out with my cousins, reading a book, and eating yams and pumpkin pie.

Usually after the dinner was over, the female members of the clan broke out the stamping supplies and we made all kinds of darling cards and creations with scrapbook paper, ribbons, and ink. It was fun to talk and laugh as we made Christmas cards, thank you cards, and many more.

This year, my husband and I will make the candied yams--probably with some pecans! And we'll visit with his family. My kids will play with their cousins and we'll enjoy the warmth and love of family.
I'm grateful for my family--my husband's family and my own. I'm excited for this holiday season and looking forward to the happy memories we'll make.

What are some of your favorite memories of Thanksgiving?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails