Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Faithful, Fit, and Fabulous--a Fantastic Book for the New You!

I love setting goals and I actually look forward to the new year so that I can re-evaluate my life and put down on paper the goals I want to accomplish. I have a little problem though, because I tend to overdo. It's something I'm working on. So when I was asked to review Connie Sokol's new book, Faithful, Fit and Fabulous, I couldn't wait to see what secrets she had to share.

This books draws from the scriptures and quotes from leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I loved the tagline: Get back to basics and transform your life in just 8 weeks!
Here's a blurb for you:
Want to get control of your life? Get organized, get fit, get finances together? In Faithful, Fit & Fabulous, Connie E. Sokol shares simple-to-use practices with solid gospel principles to tidy up your life—not to perfection but to a smoother 80% in key life areas.


As a mother of six, Connie E. Sokol shows you how to tweak your life to get more joy. Discover how to successfully create small but significant changes in eight areas: Holy Habits, Personal Life Plan, Fit & Fabulous, Joy in Womanhood, Balance in Motherhood, Healthy Relationships, Home Organization, and Savvy Finances.

Filled with humor and "I can relate" life experiences, Faithful, Fit and Fabulous is the ideal life boost—no guilt, no feeling overwhelmed, and no reaching for that pan of brownies. Read it for fun and let the concepts simmer. Or, jump in and create life changes right now with eight goals in eight weeks. Faithful, Fit & Fabulous shows you each step of the way.

Through gospel principles combined with everyday practices, you can finally focus on priorities while enjoying the process. Life-improving has never been more enjoyable or rewarding!

From the first pages I was hooked, as Connie reassured me that this plan was simple, but life-changing. I'm working on the steps right now and implementing a daily devotional into my life is something that I've found very rewarding. I've always tried to make time for prayer and scripture study and it's difficult with four young kids who constantly need my attention. I like the approach Connie suggests of weaving in a variety of scriptures, articles, and talks to help me feel the spirit.

I also loved the exercise, "What do I want from my life?" where I filled a whole page full of my life's expectations and am currently working to make sure my schedule is slotted with those things that are most important to me and my family.

If you've ever wanted to change your life, but felt that the very thought was too overwhelming, then I encourage you to pick up Connie's book, Faithful, Fit & Fabulous. Put it on your Christmas list now. Or purchase the book now and begin making changes immediately so you can start the new year with both feet moving toward the life you want to live.


Learn more about Connie Sokol at http://8basics.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails