Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

It's almost here! Are you ready for Christmas?

We're almost ready at the Christensen house. Lots of presents to wrap, a few last minute gifts to make and buy, and I still haven't written my Christmas letter. But I am enjoying experiencing the excitement as my kids count down the days until the holiday. It makes the holiday so magical to have little kids around. Like the Kenny Rogers' song says, "Christmas is for kids."
We have a paper chain, and advent calendar, and an advent felt tree to help count down the days, so nobody is losing track of the days around here.

My sister and I made chocolates on Saturday and it was so fun. I missed our "annual" chocolate fest last year because I had a newborn and my sister was in Texas. My husband is so excited about the boxful of candy sitting in my garage--especially the caramel, chocolate-dipped pretzels!
Here's a list of the candy we made--and I have to note that this list is paltry compared to other years. Now that I have 4 kids and a new book coming out, plus two more in revisions, this is all we had time for...


Tempting Toffee Crisps
Butter Caramels Dipped in dark chocolate & salted
Dipped Peanut Butter Balls
Molasses Crinkle cookies dipped in white chocolate

Which recipe should I post on my blog?


What are you doing to celebrate the holidays?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails