Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Plugged In and Back in Business

  Ack! I haven't blogged for 10 days! Did you miss me? :)
I have been missing in action, lost in remodeling our home. My husband and I realized that was the correct term for ripping out 700 square feet of ugly tile and carpet, and getting the floors ready to have wood laminate installed. Here's a pic of me happy about chipping out the old tile.

And here's a picture of the real grunt work in action!

While the floors were bare, my wonderful mom came to help me paint at least half the walls upstairs and my wonderful mother-in-law tended my two boys so we could actually get it done!

I'm pretty excited about all of the changes. We're not completely done--just some finish work left, but I love my new floor and paint!

I hated my old tile. It was white with flecks that looked like dirt, so my floor always looked dirty--it was, but I don't need help to make it look that way with 4 kids running around!
The tile was also very uneven, and not installed correctly so we were either going to have to redo the grout, not to mention our ugly carpet OR
RIP IT OUT!

My walls didn't have any color, so my hubby and I remedied that by purchasing 5 different gallons of Martha Stewart paint that was on close-out from Home Depot. Here's a pic of the kitchen in action with the ugly carpet still in the hallway.

My favorite is the kitchen, which we painted in Arrowroot (kind of a green with blue tone) and Sisal (a warm cream color).

Below is a picture of my new living room with one of my favorite prints. I saw the real-life painting at the Tate Gallery in London when I went there on study abroad during college. It's called "The Lady of Shalott" by John William Waterhouse
Here's a close-up of the floor:

I can't wait to move into my office which is currently the baby's room, but the baby is one so it's time for him to move in with his three-year-old brother. Crossing fingers that can happen soon!
Here's a sneak peek of the floor in that room!
While I was unplugged, I had a birthday, got to have my parents come for a visit from Idaho, went out with my sister-in-laws & mother-in-law, and lots more fun things. Now I'm back in business, hard at work at planning all of the book signings I'll be doing for Caller ID in March, April, and May.
I have some neat things planned for my blog, and I'm hoping the stars will align so I can get it all done and share with you.
So glad to be back! What have you been up to?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails