Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Book Reviews--So Many Great Books to Read

I'm working my way through the Whitney Finalists. I'd love to be able to read all 35 of them, but I don't think that will happen this year with all the work I'm doing to promote my new book, Caller ID.

For Christmas, I got this fab book,



Variant by Robison Wells. It's a finalist in the Youth Fiction Speculative category. Holy wow! It was awesome and I loved the twist at the end. I don't love Rob for the cliffhanger he left me at the end--you mean, mean author, you--making me wait a whole year to read the next book! Seriously, though, Rob does a great job of creating realistic teenage characters with a unique and complex set of problems.

Currently, I'm working my way through the romance category.
  
Count Down to Love by Julie Ford was an excellent read. I read this spin off the popular reality show, The Bachelor in just a couple days.
Julie's protagonist--Kelly Grace has a no-nonsense attitude that made for some fun interactions and her wounded heart had me rooting for her to find Mr. Right.


My favorite so far in this category is The List by Melanie Jacobson.



I already had read, reviewed, and loved Not My Type by Melanie, see that post here, and so I was excited to read The List. I loved it!I felt like Ashley was my best friend and I wanted to smack her a few times to knock some sense into her head when it comes to love. Melanie created a hunk of a guy to chase Ashley and the story had me laughing and waiting impatiently for another kiss. I received Melanie's latest book, Twitterpated for review so that will be up next and I can't wait!


I'm almost finished with Captive Heart by Michele Paige Holmes and this one is quite different from the others in the romance category I've read. It's more of a historical romance and I really am enjoying the setting and Emma's fiery spirit. Michele's writing draws you in and puts you right smack dab in  the middle of mining country in the Black Hills. The romantic tension is great and I'm looking forward to the conclusion which I'm pretty sure will be satisfying. :)



Lots more on my to-read list and the pile by my bed keeps falling over because I won't stop stacking more books on it--that's not to mention the list of my Kindle!

And now I'm excited to shout out that less than 24 hours from now is the beginning of my Amazon book bomb!



I have rounded up over 20 free gifts for anyone who purchases Caller ID on Amazon on March 22, 2012--Thursday ONLY! Visit this link to see a sneak peek of the lineup. I hope you'll help me spread the word about this. My goal is to get my book into the best-selling ranks of Amazon. Check back tomorrow to see updates (hopefully hourly) on my book's climb through the ranks of some 8 million books on Amazon!

What book are you wishing you had more time to read right now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails