Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Thought March

The Thursday Thought today comes from guest author Jennifer Nielsen. She shares one of her favorite quotes and how it relates to her life.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”


~ Henry Ford

It took years of writing and submitting manuscripts before I got my first yes from a
publisher. I still have stacks of rejections for stories that simply weren’t ready yet. I
didn’t enjoy getting rejection letters. Each one stung and some of them hurt a lot. And
each one was a reason to quit, because they felt to me like obstacles to my goal of
becoming an author.

But they weren’t. Those rejections forced me to work harder, write better, and to be
satisfied with nothing less than my best work. The obstacles weren’t in the way of my
goal. They were part of the journey.

So it is with each of us. Any goal worth reaching is going to entail trying something
that’s frightful, or difficult, or painful. But we get over the fear, the hard work, and the
pain, and we move forward anyway. And one day the rejections will turn to reward.

Thank you Jen! Be sure to check out her books. I can't wait to read The False Prince!!
Jennifer Nielsen’s latest book is THE FALSE PRINCE (Scholastic Apr `12). You can
learn more about her at www.jennielsen.com or follow her on Twitter @nielsenwriter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails