Monday, April 16, 2012

A Different Kind of Easter Egg

We had a blast on the Saturday before Easter, celebrating with egg hunts, delicious BBQ, a redneck easter egg hunt, and finding a different kind of Easter egg!

We started out coloring eggs--no matter how old I get, I will always love coloring Easter Eggs.
Here's what I thought was so neat. While hunting for eggs in the back yard of my in-laws lovely home, look what we found.

The mama duck was startled and flew away, so we got some good pictures, but rest assured, she is back and sitting on those 12 eggs.

 I just love this picture of my 3 year old. He was so excited to find eggs in Grandma's yard!

 And my 18 month old figured out how to open those eggs to get his candy pretty quick too.


 REDNECK EASTER EGG HUNT

This was a first for me. I laughed pretty hard when my sister-in-law told me what we were doing. It was so fun though. They wrapped netting around raw eggs and hung them from the tree. Then we shot them with BB guns--you could get a better explosion with a .22 (and someone said with our aim we should use a shotgun!), but this way all the grandkids could participate.
I hope you had a fantastic Easter. I enjoyed spending time with my in-laws and it was fun for the kids to play with their cousins. Sunday was a beautiful day for us to remember the Savior and how important our faith in Jesus Christ is in our everyday life.

What is your family's favorite thing to do for Easter?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails