Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Favorite Treat

As promised in my previous post, here is the picture and recipe for my favorite treat!
I love dark chocolate, but I don't eat tons of sweets, so this hits the spot. It's my own creation and you can make fun of me and I won't even care cuz it's that good.

My hubby, Steve, thought I was a little strange when he first saw me make a version of this several years ago. Then he tasted it. Yum!
When I was pregnant with our fourth baby and struggling with gestational diabetes, I had to have a snack at around 10:30 every night so that I wouldn't drop ketones (Doctor's orders). The snack had to be balanced with protein and not too much sugar. Guess what? This treat was the perfect snack. And my hubby made it for me every night. Love him!

Rachelle's Chocolate Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Concoction

1 Graham Cracker
Spread with about 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 square of Dove Dark Chocolate cut into bits
Sprinkle over the peanut butter
Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp walnuts or pecans over the chocolate
*Sometimes we give it a dash of cinnamon over the top

I love to eat this treat with 1/2 a banana and 1/2 a glass of milk. I used to love Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but now I only go for the real thing.

What's your favorite treat?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails