I wanted to update my blog today but I expended most of my energy cleaning out my closet and dresser. In between that, a lot of my mental energy has been on promoting my new novel and the First Chapter Contest for the annual LDStorymakers conference, which I am co-chairing this year with Karen Hoover. It is a ton of work!
So since my brain waves are waning, I thought I'd share 7 random things that I found in my closet today.
7. A pair of white heels that I wore to my wedding almost 14 years ago. I never wear them, so why is it hard for me to let them go?
6. A full boxed set of Fablehaven by Brandon Mull that I picked up on a killer sale--saving for a gift to my kids.
5. Jeans in size 10, 8, 6, and 4--Hallelujah! Baby #4 is almost 18 months old!
4. An old manuscript from the second book I wrote (which was the first suspense novel I wrote back in 2004). I'm glad that manuscript is well-hidden, but there are a few concepts in it that I might have to snag for my next novel.
3. A box of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls from my childhood. I've already given a few to my girls. Ah, the memories.
2. A grocery sack of toilet paper tubes. Okay, I'm not that weird--I saved them to make binoculars for my kids preschool group.
and the #1 spot goes to . . .
1. A bag of Dove Dark Chocolate that I had stashed on a shelf for an emergency chocolate fix! Looks like I get to have my favorite treat tonight! What is that you ask? Bwahahaha! You must wait until tomorrow when I will post a pic and the ingredients. :)
Are you in the mood for Spring Cleaning?