Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Author Interview with Christine Bryant


Today, C.K. (Christine) Bryant, author of YA books, Bound and Broken has agreed to take part in an interview. I'm reading her second book and I'm excited for you to learn a little bit more about this fantastic author.


What do you love most about writing? 
Christine:Wow, that's hard to narrow down. I guess above and beyond loving the creative process of writing and the pure joy of spending so much time with my muse, I love that writing allows me to be home for my son and gives me a flexible schedule. I also enjoy being an INDIE because I can set my own deadlines (often tougher than an agent or publisher would set) and can decide what content goes into my books and what my final cover will look like. That's important to me.

What are some of your favorite books?
Christine: I grew up reading romance, so fell in love with Catherine Anderson. I still like her novels, but find myself reading more young adult now. The most recent book I've read? EASY, by Tammara Webber. LOVED IT!  The best book I ever read? Ugh, so many to choose from, but I guess for YA I'd have to say THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX by Mary E. Pearson It was so different from all the others and took me by surprise. That doesn't happen often.

Why do you think it's important to get teens excited about reading great books that are clean, but aren't lacking in the plot department?  
Christine:Teens have enough of that in their lives already, why put it in the books they read? The stories they read should take them to a place where they can get away from reality and breathe, a place where they don't have to worry about being pulled in every direction, and a world where all the crap around them just falls away and they can relax and feel safe. 

What are you working on next? 
Christine: I'm spending every spare moment on finishing The Crystor Series. The third and final book to the series is BELOVED and I hope to have it out after the first of the year (2013). While it's hard to think about finishing this story and not having these characters be a part of my life anymore, I'm excited to move on to other projects. I have a couple I'm real excited about and can't wait to work on them.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, Christine. It's fun to get to know more about a successful author like you. If you'd like to learn more about C.K. Bryant, you can visit her website here, http://christinebryant.blogspot.com/
For all of my readers, if you haven't read Bound--it's a YA paranormal fantasy. Click here to see my review.
And the great news is that right now it's available for FREE in the Kindle store

as well as free on Smashwords (for other ereader devices).
You can purchase the 2nd book in the series, Broken, on Amazon here

or Smashwords here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails