Thursday, July 19, 2012

Take Joy in the Miracle of Creation

Today I'm excited to feature one of my favorite authors, Angela Morrison. She has a wonderful thought to share and happy news!
Angela:
Tomorrow marks ten years from the day Michael, my scuba-diving hero in Taken by Storm, escaped from the "what ifs" swirling in my brain and swam onto my page. (Here's the free-write to prove it.

I still remember the awe I felt when I looked down at the words and realized they weren't mine. They were his. 

Between my brain, hand, a piece of paper, and a little ink, I'd created something new. Like any first-time mom cradling her newborn, I filled with joy, excitement, love, and gratitude. The voice on my page was a gift.

And, like an untried mother naive to the demands of a new baby, I didn't know how many nights that voice would wake me up at 2 a.m. I didn't know it would take years of hard work to get it to walk on its own two legs. And more years of heart-ache, patience, continued effort, and miracles to find someone who believed enough in my creation to want to share it with the world.

I didn't know how much it would change my life.

I didn't know how much joy I'd find in the journey. 

I didn't know the wonder of an email from a reader.

There is nothing more joyful--or miraculous--than a child's birth. New-sent from heaven. A precious partnership with the Father of us all. I find tremendous joy in those wondrous, electric moments when that partnership blesses my own, humble efforts to create. When I finish a project, I long to feel it again.

My thought for you today is dance and sing and enjoy the creations in your life--be they babies or books, poems or cantatas. Smile on them today. Take joy.


Award-winning young adult author, Angela Morrison, is an advanced NAUI, Nitrox certified scuba-diver, mother of four, and a happy grandmother. She wrote Cayman Summer, the final installment of Leesie and Michael's stormy romance, on a blog, post by post, with input from her beloved readers. She holds an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts and a BA in English from BYU. See www.angela-morrison.com and http://caymansummer.blogspot.com.

This week she celebrates the "birth" of Taken by Storm with a Ten Year Anniversary Blast giveaway, free Kindle ebooks (Unbroken Connection and Cayman Summer) and Taken by Storm's brand new, reformatted Kindle ebook for just $0.99! Get them now. Promo ends Friday, July 20th at midnight. No Kindle? Download free apps for your laptop, phone, or tablet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails