Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I was tagged by Donna Weaver from Weaving a Tale or Two to participate in The Next Big Thing. As part of the tag, I'll answer some questions about my current WIP (Work in Progress). I'm excited about this project because I've worked so hard on it and I can't wait for you to read it!

1. What is the working title of your book? 
Fitted to Kill

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
 I was brainstorming ideas for a wedding planner who solves mysteries and jotting down plot lines. I wanted to turn the classic murder-find-the-killer plot on its head and I came up with something that I think is pretty great and unexpected. The cool thing is that my particular plot twist was inspired by my grandma's emerald ring--one that I often admired and she gave to me about ten years ago.

3. What genre does your book fall under? 
Mystery/Suspense

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 
 I'm a big fan of country music, so let's make this easier for me and I'll pick some singers for inspiration.
Carrie Underwood would be a great one for my main character, Adri.
Easy Hairstyles for Long Hair
Luke Bryan fits my description for my character of Luke--and yeah, they share the same name, so that really works. :)
 
 Daniel Henney is an actor, now that's a smoldering pose. He is perfect for Adri's squeeze, Dallas Reynolds.

 
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Adrielle Pyper is a wedding planner with a penchant for crafting and solving mysteries, but when it involves stolen wedding gowns and murder, she might not have a Pinterest board to cover her latest troubles.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
I'm repped by the incredible Paula Munier of Talcott Notch Literary. She's ready to go on submission as soon as I get through this last round of revisions--I'm so excited!

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
 Two months. Editing/Revising = forever.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm saying this story is like the Diane Mott Davidson of Pinterest with some killer bridal couture.

9.Who or What inspired you to write this book? 
I set this book in Idaho--my homegrown roots infiltrated the story somewhat and I enjoyed creating a multi-faceted character that is affected by her country upbringing. 

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I think people will enjoy the unique setting of Sun Valley, Idaho. It's a small tourist town a neat ice-skating rink where tons of the top figure-skaters around the world have come to visit.

I'm tagging 5 people because I want to know more about their next big thing or WIP!

Connie Sokol
Nichole Giles
Sheri Larsen
Jessie Humphries
Erin Summerill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails