Monday, November 12, 2012

All the Words in the World

Last week I went to St. George, Utah for a writing retreat. You can see my little update post here, http://rachellewrites.blogspot.com/2012/11/writing-retreat.html.
And now it's Monday again and I'm doing laundry, picking up crayons, sweeping the floor (pointless with my 2yo), and taking care of sick kids. It's not very glorious when compared with waking up after a full night's rest, doing Yoga and writing 2,000 words before making breakfast that I get to eat hot, without interruption. But I came back and I'm happy to be doing that laundry today, even if it means I haven't written anything on my new book yet because there's something special about coming home to 5 people who love you.

I had such a great time on my writing retreat. I wrote 27,000 words in 6 days and I'm dang proud of that. At 31,000 words now I'm almost halfway through the first draft of my new novel. And I learned some things about myself, my productivity and what I'm capable of. I'm inspired! I've set some new goals and I'll definitely be looking forward to a short retreat in the future.

But I just have to say that when I pulled into the garage Saturday night and saw my 2yo walk out the door, I couldn't believe my eyes. He had changed in just one week! For a minute, looking through the dirty window of the car, I thought he was my 4yo, until said brother walked out the door behind him. Then I was bombarded by hugs and kisses from four darling kids and my 2yo held onto my neck for all he was worth for about ten minutes after I got home. That in itself is impressive, since he always prefers his dad when Daddy is home!

So today I thought I'd take a moment to say how much I appreciate my family. My husband is pretty much the most awesome guy around for taking care of the kids and supporting me while on the retreat. I love you Steve!

I think that all the words in the world can't make up for those sweet kisses and 'I love you Mommy!' from my kids.
I wrote nearly 100 pages last week and I can't wait to finish writing my novel. I have to say, I'm pretty blessed.

I'm thankful for my family. How about you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails