Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving! It's so much fun to get together with family, eat good food, relax, do some shopping, make some cards. This year my brother is visiting with his family from the east coast and I'm thrilled to get to meet my newest niece who is already one year old!
And my hubby cooks a delicious turkey!

In preparation for Turkey Day, we cleaned our house and I washed all the bedding, exchanging the kids sheets for a flannel set their Grandma had given them last year. While folding the extra set of sheets to put away, I was struck by just how fortunate we are. You see, we have EXTRA sheets and I know there are many people who don't even have one good set. My kids also have extra socks, underwear, and clothes. We have extra food in our pantry. And gas in our vehicles.
Yes, we still have our share of bills--medical, dental, orthodontist, you get it, but I am so thankful that we can make those payments and my children can have good health, good teeth, and straight teeth too! :)

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. If you'd like, you can stop over to Mashed Potatoes and Crafts.com to see our little Turkey creations.

What simple joys are you thankful for today?

Happy Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails