Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Angels by Donald Parry, Book Review


Today I'd like to share my review on a different sort of book than I usually feature on my blog. I chose to read Angels, Agents of Light, Love, and Power because I've been going through some extremely stressful stuff in my life both emotional and physical. When I was asked to review this book, I read a little about it and immediately felt tears come to my eyes. I believe that there are angels around us to help us, to guide us, and to remind us of our divine connection to God, but through all of my turmoil, I had forgotten.

This book is an excellent resource citing the presence of angels in both Biblical and Book of Mormon times. It has provided a great comfort to me to know that there are numberless concourses of angels who all praise God and who accompanied our Savior, Jesus Christ during His mortal ministry.

If you have ever wondered about the accounts of angelic visitations in the scriptures and if there are still angels today, Donald Parry's book provides numerous examples, scripture references, and quotes from the prophets affirming the vital role of angels in the world today as in the past.

Here's a description of the book:


 Stories are told around the world of persons who have received help or comfort from someone they couldn't see—an angel or spirit who guided them or in some other way gave them assistance from beyond the veil.

But just who are these angels? Are they even real?
Although angels are a vital part of Latter-day Saint history and doctrine, their roles and purposes are often misunderstood. In this inspiring volume, author Donald W. Parry discusses in a clear and understandable way what we can learn from the scriptures and from modern prophets and apostles about angels and their missions.
Here you will find answers to such questions as the following:
  • What are angels?
  • What powers and abilities are angels given?
  • How do angels communicate with mortals?
  • What are the assigned missions and roles of angels?
  • How do angels reveal truth and teach the doctrines of the gospel?
  • How do angels minister to and comfort mortals?
  • What is the role of guardian angels in the modern world?
When just the thought of someone watching out for us can give us hope in challenging times, to realize that angels minister light, love, and power to us, whether we are aware of them or not, gives us unparalleled understanding, comfort, and peace.

*That last paragraph of the book's blurb is what gave me tingles. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have of my divine nature. I know that God loves me and He loves you too. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails