Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stolen! Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson


 I have a funny story about this particular review. My husband and I went out of town and my mom came from Idaho to take care of my kids. While she was here she saw my ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy) of Blackmoore and snagged it. I had lent her Edenbrooke which she absolutely loved and shared with all my Idaho relatives. When I arrived home I told her, that was my review copy and I had a blog review post due, but because I'm a nice daughter I told my mom to go ahead and revel in Julianne Donaldson's writing and then tell me about it.

So today you get a review from my mom who is a fabulous judge of character when it comes to books!

My mom said the story was riveting, the heroine strong-willed with a romance that had her lecturing Kate Worthington, the main character, about what she should be doing. Several of her friends saw her reading Blackmoore and she had to keep a tight grip on the book because they all wanted to snatch Julianne's latest work and read it themselves!

And the best part of the story is that last week I visited a book club who had just finished reading Wrong Number. The host gave me a goody bag with a new book--Blackmoore! I was so excited that I called my mom on the way home and told her she could keep that copy because I had my own. My mom replied, "Oh good then I can lend this one to my friend. She'll be so excited."

And that is what happens when you write a good book!

About Blackmoore
Kate Worthington knows she can never have her heart’s desire and so believes she will never marry. But Kate’s meddlesome mother has other plans. Kate journeys to the stately manor of Blackmoore on the cliffs above the seashore, where she must face the truth and the man that has kept her heart captive.

Set in northern England, Blackmoore is a Regency romance that tells the story of a young woman struggling to learn to follow her heart. With hints of Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters, Blackmoore is a page-turning tale of romance, intrigue and devotion.

About Julianne Donaldson
Julianne Donaldson grew up as the daughter of a U.S. Air Force fighter pilot. She learned how to ski in the Italian Alps, visited East Berlin before the wall came down, and spent three years living next to a 500-year-old castle. After earning a degree in English, she turned her attention to writing about distant times and places. She lives in Utah with her husband and four children.
 Visit her FB page here https://www.facebook.com/DonaldsonJulianne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails