Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NaNoWriMo Coming and some Grammarly Help

Tis the season for writing celebrations! We're fast-approaching the month of November when everything writing-related is celebrated during NaNoWriMo. I want to tell you about that, but first I wanted to mention this new site!logo
Grammarly is awesome for proofreading because I'm OCD when it comes to editing. I hate errors and if I can find anything to help me triumph over the misdeeds of my revisions, then I'll try it!

And Grammarly is getting in on the NaNoWriMo fun with a super cool event-- a novel written by a community of writers!



Follow the news on #GrammoWriMo.

The Grammarly team also recently announced that Gayle Brandeis (a published NaNoWriMo author) will be contributing the first and last lines to our group novel: http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2013/best-first-lines/ 


I've blogged about my success with NaNo here http://rachellewrites.blogspot.com/2011/10/prepping-for-nanowrimo.html and here http://rachellewrites.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-means-nanowrimo.html 
And I wanted to share some info from the newly update NaNoWriMo site because I absolutely love this organization. I'll be participating again this year--I'm working on figuring out if that will be officially or not because I'm drafting a book right now and I'm almost 40K into it!

If you want to catch the writing bug, then keep reading and come find me at http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rachellej-christensen



It's time to sign in for NaNoWriMo 2013! Visit our (new!) site to plan your November novel, plus read below for more on the development we worked on this year.

 a remodeled face for NaNoWriMo. Among the usual yearly reveals (check out those great pep talkers!), we're proud to introduce a fresh look and many new features:
  • Responsive layout to accommodate all common screen sizes, including mobile.
  • Improved homepage and dashboard, with a badge system to guide you through the complete noveling journey.
  • Clean, more-readable content pages and navigation menu.
  • Enhanced NaNo Updates: get news and pep talks on the homepage, in NaNoMail, and in a restyled email digest. (And if you've already seen this message, they're clearly working!)
  • A "Watched Threads" page to track all forum conversations you're participating or interested in.
  • And of course, WYSIWYG editing and sortable Buddy Lists!

Chris Angotti
Director of Programs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails